Developing products and services comparable to leading regional and European financial centers
The Government of Serbia has adopted the Capital Market Development Strategy for the period 2021-2026. The goal of the Strategy is to develop a competitive, highly efficient, transparent and productive Serbian capital market that will provide local institutional and individual investors and issuers with a wide range of products and services similar to those offered in leading regional and European financial centers. In addition, the goal is to also continue creating and strongly developing the depth and scope of all segments and services offered on the Serbian domestic capital market, in order to create additional value for domestic and international participants in line with the competitive advantages of Serbia and its economy.
According to the Strategy, the following is to be achieved:
• the optimization of the regulatory system to support greater participation in the capital market in order to achieve MIFID II market status;
• an increase in the quality, attractiveness and availability of investment products and an increase in the number of issuers within the system;
• higher number of domestic and international investors;
• the creation of a stimulating and efficient institutional framework;
• stronger institutional capacities in terms of technology and human resources;
• promotion and financial education of market participants, including the total population.
The next step in drafting the Action Plan for the implementation of the Capital Market Development Strategy for the period 2021 to 2026, is expected to be completed by the end of the year.